The Catalyst Fund
Catalyst Fund 1 is a USD125 million Eastern Africa focused private equity fund that invests in emerging and mid-sized companies with strong growth and profitability prospects, in alignment with experienced management teams.
- USD5 million to USD20 million for strategic minority or control transactions
- Expansion and replacement capital, recapitalisations and pre-IPO investments
- 4 to 6 year investment horizon, with exits via trade and financial buyers, capital markets and self-redeeming instruments
- Target 20% to 25% USD cumulative net returns
Investment focus is on sectors with attractive underlying fundamentals, driven by compelling demographic trends and urbanization, rising consumer demand, a deepening middle class,under-penetrated rural mass market as well as convergence and integration of the regional economies.
- Consumer goods and retail
- Financial and business services
- Industrials, manufacturing and value-add processing
- Technology and telecommunications
- Healthcare and education services